Monday, May 17, 2010

CHU Life


Well a few months ago I introduced a lot of you to CLU living... Well in Iraq instead of CLU's the billeting is in CHU's.... No clue what it stands for.. :)

CHU's are actually not bad at all.. Compared to a CLU they are downright luxurious... If I had to describe a CHU I would say take a 30ish foot mobile home, subdivide it into 3 living quarters and there you go... Way better than the cut in half conex container...

We departed Bahrain today after 3 lovely days of laying around my hotel room doing absolutely nothing and arrived in Baghdad at approximately 1330. By 1430 we were on Camp Victory and I had been shown my CHU. 2 of the 3 footlockers I had shipped ahead were already in there, the third was at DHL waiting to be picked up. Moved in a fridge and some other stuff that Brennham (the guy I am replacing) left behind for me and began to unpack.

I got mostly done unpacking, I will finish tomorrow... gonna go buy a 37" 1080p LCD at the PX tomorrow and need to pick up a desk to put it on as well as something to sit on other than my bed....

Anyway, more to come from lovely Camp Victory Iraq, this is your roving computer geek.... Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment